Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The National Review defends Bernie on rape essay
(05-30-2015, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well they did quickly come to the defense of a man that suggested such.

Sander's words were nothing short of appalling; yet, there is a concerted effort to mitigate them on this message board.

As I stated earlier if Ted Cruz, Ron Huckabee, or Ben Carson would have said such words I doubt the same folk would be running to their defense. I would further suggest their religion and views on homosexuality would be brought into focus. But those folks expect you to think they are open minded.

(05-30-2015, 04:51 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I think I can confidently state that my position would be the same despite of who the author may have been.

That's pure speculation on your part.

I have to agree, if anyone had said the same I would be responding in the same manner. If someone had said men want to abuse women or women want to be raped, then there would be an issue. But that wasn't said, it was about the fantasies, which are more common than many people like to admit.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: The National Review defends Bernie on rape essay - Belsnickel - 05-30-2015, 04:54 PM