Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Dad wanted to redo the outdoor bar..
(05-31-2020, 07:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Dude, that's the best right there. The look when you impress your dad? Priceless! 

Damn you, just missing my dad right now. We had a few moments like that. Once changed the waterpump on a 78 Thunderbird as he sat in the lawn chair supervising (he had cancer and not a lot of energy to help). I had no clue WTF I was doing, but went to Autozone and bought a Haynes manual and went to work. He was impressed (I didn't have auto repair knowledge then, was pretty fresh out of the service and working in MFG). That manual was gold. The look on his face when I finished that shit was glory to me. And it worked too?  I was kinda surprised myself. LOL

Older cars were so easy to learn how to work on.  I had a '72 Dart with a 318, that also blew a water pump.  I was 17, the old man hated auto mechanics, and I was on my own.  After about an hour and a half, he begrudgingly came out to the garage, and was impressed that I was just putting things back together and got to see me elated when it started up and worked just fine.  (BTW, that water pump cost me about $30, back in 1986)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Dad wanted to redo the outdoor bar.. - SunsetBengal - 05-31-2020, 07:45 PM