Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question For Democrats On Gun Control
(06-03-2020, 02:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As a non-American, all I can say is, "when the **** did it devolve into this?"

Montreal Riots, London Riots, etc.; these are places where guns are not allowed.

You think ANY of them, were fearing for their lives because, "they didn't have a gun to protect them?"

This is a question that shouldn't even be asked, as the US is so ass-backwards with their goddamn gun laws and hasn't caught up with the rest of the world.

Ugh...

Americans seem overly preoccupied with the notion that sooner or later someone is going to put you in a situation where you have to shoot them.  Perhaps we've seen too many movies where the hero doesn't just kill people willy-nilly, the hero is put in a position where he HAS to shoot and kill people because they are making him do it.

We kinda want to shoot people but we want to be able to do it in a manner which doesn't conflict with our notion that we are a good person, ergo we picture ourselves as the leading man in an action movie where evil faceless henchmen show up and force us to defend ourselves.  I mean, I support a person's right to self-defense, but Americans (due to our zeal for jingoistic rhetoric, perhaps) have intertwined offense and defense.

Are we looking for a reason to defend ourselves?  Possibly.  That's just my take.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question For Democrats On Gun Control - Nately120 - 06-03-2020, 03:02 PM