Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question For Democrats On Gun Control
(06-03-2020, 07:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't think a single person said someone could not/should not defend their own life.  It was clearly stated that loss of property isn't worth killing someone over.  

We do still have laws.  In fact I've the phrase "law and order" more in the last three days than during advertisements for a marathon of the Law & Order show.  

The argument *I* am making is that the concept of a citizen killing someone because they broke the law, even if it's against their own property, is what many would call a "slippery slope" toward actual anarchy.

Would you also have supported someone shooting the officer who choked Mr. Floyd to death?  There were plenty of people standing around watching and yelling.  Had one decided to save Mr Floyd by shooting the officer what then?  Can the other police officers shoot THAT person for shooting the first?  Then what?  Shoot out in the street?

I'd bet someone else's salary that people want the officer to have a trial...even though there is a video of the death and lots of witnesses.

Who is making the argument for a citizen being able to kill someone for because the law was broken over their property? Nobody is saying they have the right to kill anybody because someone damaged their property. You are saying that’s what others are arguing...only because it fits your argument.

Everyone I see posting says they have the right to defend their property. If in the course of defending their property the looter/rioter decides to threaten that person’s life, they now have the right to defend their life any means possible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question For Democrats On Gun Control - Stonyhands - 06-03-2020, 07:34 PM