Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question For Democrats On Gun Control
There are such concepts as law and order. When anyone with a gun gets to arbitrarily decide life and death and kill anyone they might deem a threat it makes real law and order meaningless. That's essentially vigilantism when you get right down to it. Riots are rare events in the grand scheme of a civil society and you really can't decide to just waive the rule of law just because you might be afraid or you might lose some property. Many people lose property with little to no legal recourse, but that doesn't necessarily give them the right to kill. Suppose that you lose everything during a tornado. It wipes out your life savings and everything you ever worked for. You don't have the option to murder anyone you deem a threat. That doesn't excuse rioters and looters, but you're advocating for waiving the rule of law for essentially the same results.  
It seems many people seem to believe that they and they alone are the sole arbitors of what constitutes a lawful killing. 
If you truly believe that then try it out and take your chances in a criminal court of law. Chances are you'll end up with the rest of the criminals you're so eager to kill off. Prisons are full of people who thought they and they alone were the sole arbitors of law and order .
For the record I'm a life long Democratic voter and have never advocated for lawlessness. I am most definitely opposed to anarchy,  murder, looting and stealing in general. Where this idea that Democrats want all criminals running loose to terrorize everyone is just plain crazy. In fact I'd suggest that the vigilantes are the criminals trying to skirt the true rule of law. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question For Democrats On Gun Control - grampahol - 06-03-2020, 07:54 PM