Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question For Democrats On Gun Control
(06-03-2020, 09:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't know, I've been a registered "throwing away my vote" my whole adult life.  I'm pretty sure most liberal white people are a lot more afraid of minorities than they let on.

EDIT - Ok, you changed it to my standard.  And the answer is that I don't know.  I personally recognize that people who are put in situations where they must make life or death decisions aren't infallible despite rigorous training.  So I don't KNOW what I'd do, unlike a lot of people who are supremely confident that they'd wipe the floor with any intruder and feel awesome for doing so.

Honestly, the scenario that someone comes into my home with the mindset that he/she is very willing to kill me is right up there in likelihood of what I'd do if I won the lottery or which supermodel I'd most want to sleep with.  And that gets back to my original point about Americans...we spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about life or death situations with evil strangers that almost never happen.  Meanwhile we drive too fast, eat too many trans fats, and don't own fire extinguishers or learn CPR.

Easy answers are for the moves and television...oh and political talking points.

I'm sure there was a woman who agreed with you assessment of the likelihood before some 6'6 guy named George Floyd broke into her home and shoved a gun into her stomach as he and 5 other men robbed her.

(The police officer still murdered him, and should be found guilty and go to jail, I just thought it was interesting you mentioned how unlikely it was when the front-and-center name for these riots is a guy who literally did just that.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question For Democrats On Gun Control - TheLeonardLeap - 06-03-2020, 10:27 PM