Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive?
(06-03-2020, 11:16 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Republicans have shown they have no issue with white nationalism. Look at who's in the White House. King lost because GOP leaders finally realized he was an albatross and kicked him off committees, rendering him useless.

King lost in spite of being racist, not because of it.

The fella (Feenstra) who won is a Trump supporting, NRA ‘A’ rated, pro-life nut job....so hard to think he is the un-racist we were looking for.

IDK, Jason.  Pro-life and Pro gun are more or less conservative standard issue positions.  I can live with that species of Republican.  I'm a gun owner myself, so pro-gun doesn't make me dismiss anyone out of hand.  

Neither of those positions make a Republican alt-right or white nationalist.  That's a newish thing in the party.  I can have disagreements on policies like abortion, gun control, and the role of gubmint, but the white nationalism thing is an automatic non-starter that shouldn't really be tolerated by anyone, IMO.  Even if some conservatives have that mindset, ones that actually espouse those kinds of beliefs still aren't all that common outside of the White House and Stephen Miller.  I still call getting rid of a legislator who openly praises white nationalism as a victory, even if it's a victory for a hard right conservative.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive? - samhain - 06-05-2020, 05:46 AM