Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much did our defense really improve in second half of last season
(06-05-2020, 05:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Maimi avg 1st half vs 2nd half of season 
12.8 vs 25.4 points 
262 vs 349 yds 

The JETS were missing Rosen for most of the first half and got him back for the second half and ofc. Their numbers improved to. 

5 of their first 8 games were under 223 yards
In second half with Rosen back, 
Lowest game was 259 (vs Pitt, 271 vs Bengals), then there was 2 400, 3 300 games as well. 

I think you get the idea now

(06-05-2020, 05:17 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fwiw, Pittsburgh was missing both Juju Smith-Schuster (WR1) and James Connor (RB1) for our 2nd matchup.  The final Cleveland game was completely meaningless, as they had been eliminated from contention the week prior.  They also had a lame-duck coach.  To me eye they looked completely uninspired.

I'm not really trying to argue whether or not the defense improved.  I'm just pointing out that, among many other things, these are things to at least consider.

Look guys, I could go through every game and find different players missing from the opposing teams, but that is just too impossible to calculate.  Some adjustments would make it look like the defense imroved more, and some would make it look like the defense improved less, but I honestly don't know how to change yardage totals based on offensive players missing or how "inspired" a team happened to "look" from week to week.

Everyone here talks about how teams rank on offense and defense based on their season statistics.  I am using those exact same statistics for my analysis.  If you want to say that all of these stats are not accurate then show me the ones to use.  But just saying "stats are not accurate" doesn't help at all.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much did our defense really improve in second half of last season - fredtoast - 06-06-2020, 10:19 AM