Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much did our defense really improve in second half of last season
(06-06-2020, 10:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Look guys, I could go through every game and find different players missing from the opposing teams, but that is just too impossible to calculate.  Some adjustments would make it look like the defense imroved more, and some would make it look like the defense improved less, but I honestly don't know how to change yardage totals based on offensive players missing or how "inspired" a team happened to "look" from week to week.

Everyone here talks about how teams rank on offense and defense based on their season statistics.  I am using those exact same statistics for my analysis.  If you want to say that all of these stats are not accurate then show me the ones to use.  But just saying "stats are not accurate" doesn't help at all.

I could care less who was hurt or who played uninspired. I was pointing out that a team like the Jets was a different beast in the 2nd 8 games...and vs them. We held them to their lowest score and second lowest yardage output during that stretch. And they also notched a winning record during that stretch, but damage.already done in first half of the season while Rosen was out for 4-6 of those games. 

Again, your trying to compare the Bengals 1st/2nd half of the season vs all others full season. All I'd say is compare all teams equally.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much did our defense really improve in second half of last season - Mike M (the other one) - 06-06-2020, 02:13 PM