Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Trump Billed Taxpayers $80K for Two-Day Business Trip
(06-11-2020, 04:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Doesn't matter if they are flying to Timbuktu and riding naked on water buffalo's. 

POTUS family members are allowed SS protection at all times. And the Trump family is bigger than the Obama family and only 1 is a minor. The rest are adults and have lives that take them places. Even if their dad wasn't the POTUS they would still have gone on a trip like this yes/no?

Why don't you complain about how much we spend protecting Baron when he went to school everyday? Or going to the mall to hang out or an amusement park or concert? Those are technically trips that spend taxpayer money on SS protection as well right? 

But I do get it. You're trying to turn it into an ethical argument and that is open to individual interpretation. What is not open is that they are entitled to SS protection where ever they are 24-7. The POTUS's family is a target no matter what and that's why they are entitled to that protection. 

Wouldn't you rather be reading about some trip they made vs how they were kidnapped and the country is being held hostage because they were not protected? That would be a political nightmare. 

This really isn't any different from your past comments and mine won't be either.

Abuse isn't justified because they're entitled to use the thing they're abusing. Making use of a tax payer funded service to campaign and live a lavish lifestyle is something every person should reject from our government. Ignoring the legal issue of Don Jr promoting the family business and campaigning on the tax payer dime, do you think the system was built to support a lavish lifestyle? Why should the taxpayers fund so many personal trips? 

And attempting to compare a child going to school to an adult using the secret service to go to Asia to hunt sheep and campaign is, and I'm sorry for being blunt, ***** stupid. You know it's ***** stupid. I know it's ***** stupid. Everyone reading this knows it's ***** stupid. 

I understand that Trump's presidency is in the gutters and desperate conservatives are trying to find anything to defend about the level of corruption and incompetence on display, but you're not making a good argument here. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eric Trump Billed Taxpayers $80K for Two-Day Business Trip - BmorePat87 - 06-11-2020, 07:31 PM