Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent attacks on Trans Americans by the Trump admin
(06-12-2020, 10:39 PM)Millhouse Wrote: The only thing I agree on with all that is mentioned above is not allowing females born with the anatomy of a natural male body to compete against females born with a natural female body. Mainly in sports that rely on timed and distance finishes ie. track & field events and swimming for example.

Everything else though I pretty much disagree with them on.

I have a transgender son, so I support all equal rights for transgender people.

But even I see the problem with allowing transgender females to compete against biological females.  It just is not fair to biological females.

I wanto to give the LGBTQ community as many rights as possible and treat themn as equally as possible, but it is a very complicated issue and people have to be honest and fair when discussing the specific limited issue of sports.

I don't think guys will starting "faking" transgender status just to dominate female sports.  So there will be some transgender females who suffer if they are not allowed to compete on female teams, but you can't make things unfair for biological females just to try and make things fair for transgender females.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recent attacks on Trans Americans by the Trump admin - fredtoast - 06-15-2020, 11:20 AM