Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Point Should A Team Move On From A Player
I see various posts from different boards about got to move on from that player. Was wondering based on performance (ie not other issues) when do think a team should move on from a high draft type player (Rounds 1-3) and does the position they play change when to move on.

For myself it is not till at least 4th year for most positions. The exceptions might be QB and WR. Since the QB is the focus point of a team and is involved in pretty much every step and influence roster decisions i could see 3rd year moving on. So if Burrow has a bad 1st year and shows little improvement in year 2, I would consider moving on from a him as our QB.. WR's I feel the same, since they are the least dependent on other players to see how they are doing at their position. Alignment, Coming off the Ball, Routes, Hands are more upon them than other players ie QB...

Both of these cases still would have to be a bit extreme for me to give up on a player developing after 2 years on team. I do think after 3 years ( without injuries that can affect your evaluation) of performance a team can start to make a fair judgement on their investment.

THOUGHTS
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
What Point Should A Team Move On From A Player - Essex Johnson - 06-17-2020, 08:48 AM