Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the NFL should address the national anthem controversy
So here is what I think the NFL should do about the national anthem controversy. They should release a statement saying that they are going to take steps to protect everyone's right to honor the United States during the pre-game national anthem. They would oppose any actions taken by players that would prevent any fan from hearing the national anthem or being able to see the flag during it. That way everyone's right to honor the country would be protected, but no player would be punished for any silent protest, kneeling, raising a fist, or anything else that does not interfere with the rights of anyone wanting to honor the flag/country.

Now I am sure there may be some players who would step up the protest by making noise during the anthem, but at that point we have a new issue. Silent kneeling does not interfere with anyone else's rights, and since this is the United States I think it is absurd to try and claim that a person who does not take part in a forced act of patriotism should not be allowed to play in the NFL. That type of thinking is the complete opposite of "freedom" and sounds like a policy from China or North Korea.

So who thinks that would solve the problem and end all the squealing and crying? I don't think any true patriot would feel they have the right to force anyone else to take part in an act of patriotism. So as long as the actions taken by the players do not interfere with the rights of others they should be allowed.

It also allows the NFL to come out looking like they are "pro anthem" while at the same time allowing players tom take part in silent protests. What could be more "pro-American" than that?

Messages In This Thread
How the NFL should address the national anthem controversy - fredtoast - 06-17-2020, 02:08 PM