Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Point Should A Team Move On From A Player
(06-17-2020, 10:22 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... I can't take credit for the idea. I read somewhere that they should do that with him, and this was before they declined his 5th year option. If they don't do that, and he somehow goes off during his contract year, I still wouldn't feel good about locking him up long term. I wanna see him do it more than once. I bet dolphins fans are sorta leery of the money they gave Devante Parker.

Well I agree, Ross hasn't shown enough to be extended long term by no means.

Was high on Devante Parker after I saw him at Louisville in college but he is another one that sure hasn't lived up to his status.

(06-17-2020, 10:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He may not fit your original thread I ntent, but it goes to show that anything can change and that we as fans don’t have the greatest perspective on what’s actually happening at the facility during the week.

As for draftees, I personally feel like you always stick with their contract unless you can trade em early to a team that still thinks they have potential. Still, we as fans know little.

The team made a good decision not picking up Ross’s extended option, which IMO is all you can do other than trade them away. Again, player has to be really bad to drop before the contract is up. That’s just my opinion though and I am by no means an expert or even competent on the subject matter.

I feel the same, we don't know what goes on at practices and in private meetings and such during the week.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Point Should A Team Move On From A Player - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-17-2020, 10:33 PM