Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
would no season mean we get number 1 pick again?
This very scenario was discussed awhile back, right when Covid first hit. I'll see if I can dig up the articles, but if my memory serves me correctly there were two possible proposals floated at the time and they were something like:

Proposal #1: The draft order would be determined by each team's overall record over the last 3 seasons. I think it had the Bengals picking like #3.

Proposal #2.: It would be a lottery system. Each team would get a corresponding amount of balls equal to their recent performance. Teams with no playoffs over the last 3 years, and no #1 picks, would get 3 balls. Teams with either only 1 appearance, OR only 1 #1 pick would get 2. And all other teams, with a combined total of 2, or greater would get 1 ball. Then throw all of those balls in and you would determine the draft order from there. Once a team ball is selected, any remaining balls wouldn't count if selected later.

I really have to wonder though if they could even have a draft though. If there's no NFL, then there's definitely no college football being played. So all of those kids would get an extra year of eligibility. How many of them are going to want to come out early, without a year to improve their stock? It would make for a very strange draft.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: would no season mean we get number 1 pick again? - Wes Mantooth - 06-18-2020, 12:52 PM