Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Von Bell Signing Deserves More Love on Here
(06-18-2020, 09:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good Stuff, Wes.

I can't say he is my fav signing over Reader, as I have documented this defense's struggles after they lost Peko in the middle.  Now, an even better version is in the middle to make the entire defense better.  

However, there are (as you well described) many reasons to be happy about the Bell acquisition.  This guy also has an attitude.  He plays with emotion.  And I have heard it said that tackling isn't just a skill, but a mindset.  Once a few guys are making solid tackles, you hope it becomes contagious.  

I also really like the fact that he has solid TFL and QB hit numbers.  I can't remember many occasions where I saw a Cincy Safety do that.  

The great thing about the defense is the improvements at all three levels:

Reader at NT
Bynes, Wilson, ADG, and Bailey at LB
Bell at Safety
Alexander at slot CB
Waynes at outside CB

That is a hell of an overhaul (yes, it needed it) and I think the top talent returning (Dunlap, Atkins, Hubbard, Bates, and WJIII....and maybe Darius Phillips?) will love those additions and create a synergistic improvement to the entire defense.  

Great post SHRacer. That is one hell of an overhaul. Want to see sound tackling become infectious around here. The players we 
moved on from really lost the fundamentals of tackling, all the guys we brought in LOVE to tackle and wear it as a badge of honor
in their play. Good tackling Defenses can change games and save wins, bad tackling Defenses lose games.

(06-18-2020, 11:37 AM)Synric Wrote: Vonn Bell was a great signing for the AFC North that includes Lamar Jackson, Mark Ingram, Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, James Conner, and Jaylen Samuels.

They really attacked the run defense with their Free Agency and I'm really looking forward to seeing how Captain Lou uses Vonn Bell, Jessie Bates, and Shawn Williams.

Very true, all the guys we brought in seem to fit our Division. I don't think we will be the pushover anymore like we were the last 
few years. Lou brought in his guys on Defense and they are proven, Taylor brought in his guys on Offense. But I truly believe since
Lou got the proven vets the Defense will come around faster and be legit.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Von Bell Signing Deserves More Love on Here - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-18-2020, 01:41 PM