Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Von Bell Signing Deserves More Love on Here
(06-19-2020, 08:09 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm for sure stoked about watching the new defense, they made significant efforts to improve at all 3 levels.  It'll be interesting to see how our existing defensive standouts react to having an overall upgrade in talent around them.  On the DL, the addition of Reader to a line with Dunlap, Atkins and Hubbard should have that group among the league's best.  Pratt had a fine rookie season, all things considered.  Putting a mixture of veteran leadership in Bynes, combined with the youthful athleticism of Wilson and Davis, should make for a group that gains momentum all year long.  A clear upgrade in tackling ability across the secondary will hopefully put an end to those gut wrenching YAC plays that they gave up so many of on 3rd downs, as well as allow Bates to take more chances on going for INTs.

YES!  Turnovers is something that should, and absolutely must, show improvement over the last couple years.  It is all synergy: QB has to hold the ball longer because there isn't an easy checkdown (LB and S covering) so the d-line gets more hits, forces more fumbles, hurries more errant passes.  Yes, the LB corps is very young and unproven but I will sacrifice their inexperience in the NFL for their speed and instincts that earned them draft spots.  

With all this COVID-19 impact on practicing and potentially limiting preparation (preseason), I am glad they will largely have a veteran defense on the line and secondary.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Von Bell Signing Deserves More Love on Here - SHRacerX - 06-20-2020, 11:25 AM