Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Von Bell Signing Deserves More Love on Here
(06-19-2020, 06:46 PM)3wt Wrote: After reading this article I'm actually pretty excited about Kareem.   If he pans out he will add to a dramatic overhaul of the defense.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/6/12/21244834/chalk-talk-what-khalid-kareem-brings-to-the-bengals-defense 

Thanks for sharing!  I hadn't seen this.  Khalid is probably the one draft pick I knew absolutely nothing about.  I hadn't scouted him at all, and I was looking more at safety than DE/DT that late in the draft.  I am definitely liking him more and more every time I hear about him.  He actually reminds me a bit of Hubbard in the sense that he doesn't wow you with measurables but he simply makes plays.  Judging by that video, he seems to make a lot of his biggest plays against good competition.  Say what you will about ND in title games of late, but they usually have a solid schedule.  

I think his injury/surgery leading to an inability to participate in the combine really hurt him.  A guy with that size 6'4", 268 lbs, and ridiculous arms 34 5/8" and huge hands 10 7/8" combined with what looks like a VERY quick first step would have been shooting up draft boards.  I know it is hard to quantify that first step on tape, but I found it interesting that most reports on him mentioned a great first step, with very few false steps, but has "limited explosiveness".  

I don't mean to make is sound like he is Von Miller, but he can surely help this team by improving the rotational talent on the line.  

I also really liked that he played 3 more games after he tore his labrum because he "wanted to finish the season with his guys" and thought he just had a sprained AC joint.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Von Bell Signing Deserves More Love on Here - SHRacerX - 06-20-2020, 12:01 PM