Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakout Defensive Player....
(06-21-2020, 08:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Per our earlier discussion, with a better pass rush, run defense up the middle, and LB coverage, I could see Jesse Bates as a guy that is poised to use his rangy talents to intercept a few more balls this year.  Having been near the lead in tackles on the team last year is a bad sign for a defense (both safeties, actually).  Bates could be the breakout player we have needed in the back end that we really haven't seen since Reggie Nelson.

My vote is Jesse Bates.  

I could definitely see this, Bates is a ballhawk and when it rains it pours. He just needs to get back to tackling better.

Weird how tackling was Bates biggest weakness in college and as a rookie he tackled well and just lost his fundamentals last 
season like a lot of the Defense did. Happy we brought in solid tacklers and addressed this, now Lou needs to coach this into 
the entire Defense. Tackle that SUMBITCH!!!

(06-21-2020, 09:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Pratt is an excellent choice.  With better LB play around him and a better run stuffing presence in the middle (Reader), Pratt will be able to run free and make plays.  Very excited to see his year 2 in the league. 

This is what I am seeing with Pratt. I see him being the young leader soon, there was talk of him being a leader as a rookie.

With Bynes coming in to add valuable experience, I see Pratt making the biggest leap this year of anyone.

Will take time for the rookies just like it did for Pratt last year. But he improved big time as the year went on.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breakout Defensive Player.... - Bruce - 06-20-2020, 04:07 PM
RE: Breakout Defensive Player.... - Synric - 06-21-2020, 02:26 PM
RE: Breakout Defensive Player.... - Synric - 06-20-2020, 06:55 PM
RE: Breakout Defensive Player.... - J24 - 06-20-2020, 08:52 PM
RE: Breakout Defensive Player.... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-21-2020, 05:30 PM