Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juneteenth and the lack of black lives in US curricula
(06-22-2020, 03:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WQhat "blavk codes" are still being used today?

How is the argument about "black-on-black" crime "misinformed"?  I realize that most white crime is also "white-on-white", but white people are not trying to claim that black people are the reason white people are in prison.  Issues of racism in law enforcement and/or the court system does not change the fact that blacks commit violent crimes at a much higher rate than white people.  The proof is not from arrests or convictions or sentences.  It is from the high number of black people that report being the victim of violence from another black person.

And what do "black codes" have to do with black fathers being absent?  Black men in prison only make up a miniscule percentage of black absent fathers.  And NONE of them are in prison for violating any "black code".

I'm not going to dig into all the research I have done on this for various classes or the lectures I have sat in on the topic. One of the best stops for some of this information, though, is The New Jim Crow. The book also contains a large amount of notes that can be mined for sources on this topic, as well. I know this because I availed myself of them for several research projects on the topic.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Juneteenth and the lack of black lives in US curricula - Belsnickel - 06-22-2020, 03:57 PM