Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juneteenth and the lack of black lives in US curricula
(06-22-2020, 08:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: True, it is cyclical. However, we have to think of the whole chicken and egg thing; which came first?

Maybe it's just me, but their ~250 years as chattel followed by an immediate attempt to find any excuse to incarcerate black men because they feared what would happen to the economy without free labor followed by successive efforts to continually oppress them and incarcerate black men tells me that the systemic oppression caused the culture, if we choose to call it that, to form. When fathers could be sold away or locked away at the drop of a hat for quite literally the entirety of African-American history, what should we expect to occur?

As mentioned in the rep, very good points; personally think it's a culture thing that started the oppression, back when they were taken from Africa: steal them from their land, strip away their rights and freedoms (ie: make them, "culturally-lesser," or, "culturally-beneath," White Man) and then the oppression falls in line, the second one of them attempts to take back what was taken.

JMO, I may be way off.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Juneteenth and the lack of black lives in US curricula - Truck_1_0_1_ - 06-22-2020, 09:02 PM