Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juneteenth and the lack of black lives in US curricula
(06-23-2020, 11:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If you are going to excuse black criminal behavior today because of history then you also have to excuse white racism because it was created by our history also.

Personally I think it is bullshit to say it is okay to be a racist because that is your "culture" just as much as it is to say it is okay to be a crimnal because it is part of your "culture"

White people have to work to change their culture but black people do also.  The problem we have right now is so many people are saying that none of the problems black society is suffering from is thier own fault.  They will never excape poverty if they don't work on thier own problems at the same time white people try to eliminate systematic racism.

So, strawman much? I'm not the one who said anything was a part of the African American culture. I asked whether it was culture or a result of systemic oppression that there was a lower rate of two parent households in the black community. You're the one putting the responsibility of crime rates on the shoulders of their family units. I also never excused criminal behavior. You really need to chill out on this one.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Juneteenth and the lack of black lives in US curricula - Belsnickel - 06-23-2020, 11:42 AM