Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juneteenth and the lack of black lives in US curricula
(06-23-2020, 11:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't consider the US Bureau of Justice's National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS) "anecdotal".  It removes the possible influence of racist police or courts.  And according to it black people report being the victim of violent crime at a rate almost twice that of whites, and 70% of the offenders are other black people (just like most of the offenders against white people are other white people).
So are black crime victims part of the "systemic racism" that puts so many black people in jail?

I see that I shouldn't have included both those things in my post, as the real question seeking a response was ignored.

Question, though. After reading the methodology for the survey, what about "victimless" crimes such as non-violent drug offenses and the like?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Juneteenth and the lack of black lives in US curricula - Belsnickel - 06-23-2020, 12:04 PM