Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juneteenth and the lack of black lives in US curricula
(06-23-2020, 12:04 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Question, though. After reading the methodology for the survey, what about "victimless" crimes such as non-violent drug offenses and the like?

Drug possession charges are much more effected by racial profiling, but from my experience (admittedly anecdotal) a majority of simple possession drug charges are the result of a search after an arrest for another charge.  Local police on the beat don't spend a lot of time or resources just looking to bust people for possessing small amounts of drugs.  They just sweep them up when executing arrest warrants for DUI, Failure to Appear, Violation of Probation, Domestic Assault, and other common crimes.

The cases of undercover agents busting dealers are actually a small portion of the crime log.  They reult in more felony charges and are much more common in the Fedral courts.

For the final time, I agree that their are racial inequalities in the criminal justice system.  I am just tired of hearing over and over and over again that the only reason there are a disproportionate percentage of black people in prison is racism in the system.  The fact is that a large part of the black culture glorifies "thug life" and gun violence, and that they commit a lot more violent crimes.

I am willing to help work on the racial inequalities in the criminal justice system.  So what are you willing to do to address the high violent crime rate in the black culture other than to blame it on white people?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Juneteenth and the lack of black lives in US curricula - fredtoast - 06-23-2020, 12:28 PM