Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juneteenth and the lack of black lives in US curricula
(06-23-2020, 01:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Are either of you willing to admit that the Rap and Hip-hop culture don't have a problem with promoting thug life, misogyny, and gun violence?  And I know that white rock stars have glorified drug use, but the Rap/Hip-hop industry is the ONLY industry controlled by the black community.  It is a much bigger influence in the black society than rock music is in white culture.  Rap music moguls are seen as the industrial giants in the black community.

For the moment, I'll just refer you to my post #73 above, which I was writing as you posted your #74.

If there is a disagreement between you and me, it is not about the existence of some Rap songs about "bustin caps" in some cop's ass.

Our disagreement appears to be over how there came to be a market for such songs, and why they might reinforce bad behavior in some audiences and not others. 

But Rap and Hip-Hop are "black culture" to the same degree that Arab rap is now part of Middle Eastern culture.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Juneteenth and the lack of black lives in US curricula - Dill - 06-23-2020, 01:22 PM