Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juneteenth and the lack of black lives in US curricula
(06-23-2020, 01:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is like saying Kidnapping is not illegal because police do it to criminals.

Chattel slavery has been abolished.  Prisoners can not be bought and sold.  Neither can their wives or children.  Prisons can't beat or kill inmates whenever they want.  And if you don't want to be a prison slave YOU DON'T HAVE TO.

Again, comparing chattel slavery to prison labor is an insult to the innocent people who suffered under chattel slavery.

Let me put some emphasis on my statement in the hopes that it gets through to you.

THE 13TH AMENDMENT CALLS PRISON LABOR SLAVERY/INVOLUNTARY SERVITUDE

Does that help? You're continued insistence that I am comparing chattel slavery to the modern day slavery of prison labor is a strawman argument and it has been from the start. I have never said it was as bad as chattel slavery. I never said chattel slavery continued. I said slavery continued, and it has.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Juneteenth and the lack of black lives in US curricula - Belsnickel - 06-23-2020, 01:32 PM