Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NYT: Russians paid Afghans to kill American troops
(06-28-2020, 08:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: “While the White House does not routinely comment on alleged intelligence or internal deliberations, the CIA Director, National Security Adviser, and the Chief of Staff can all confirm that neither the President nor the Vice President were briefed on the alleged Russian bounty intelligence,”

"This does not speak to the merit of the alleged intelligence but to the inaccuracy of the New York Times story erroneously suggesting that President Trump was briefed on this matter,"

That's what I read when I saw the statements from the White House. But both of those statements support that the WH just isn't speaking on the intelligence itself either way - just that the specific info the article says Trump was briefed on was no something he was briefed on. 

But my question was posed at you saying, "The White House said in a statement that they are not suggesting that the intel is wrong".They aren't suggesting anything at all about the intel - they haven't suggested the intel was wrong and they haven't suggested the intel was right. They haven't even confirmed it is even intel they have as they refer to it as "alleged" intel. They are saying they make no acknowledgement of the intel itself. That's different that saying "hey, were not suggest the intel is wrong", because that would be acknowledging the intel, but just not confirming or denying the validity of it. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: NYT: Russians paid Afghans to kill American troops - 6andcounting - 06-28-2020, 09:19 PM