Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump shares video of "great people" yelling "white power" at pro Trump parade
(06-28-2020, 10:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Didn't vote for him and won't be voting for him in 2020 (not that it matters in CA), but I imagine that such people find the Democratic party platform anathema and wouldn't vote for their candidate accordingly.  It's not that hard to comprehend, you have the exact same thing going on with the left, people saying they don't care if Biden digitally raped a woman because he's still better than Trump.  Apparently politics trumping (no pun intended) morality is not unique to one side or the other.

The big problem with the two-party system; in order to have any potential of making your vote count, you have to vote for the least objectionable of the two options. Lots of people like to espouse the third-party or independent vote, and I'm not going to say that I don't roll that way quite often. The issue is that the likelihood of a those options being viable is slim to none thanks to our electoral system. It's not just a matter of getting people on board, it's the system that needs to be restructured to make it possible. For president, specifically, it would need to be national popular vote with ranked choice voting in order to give a third-party or independent a real shot at the White House.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump shares video of "great people" yelling "white power" at pro Trump parade - Belsnickel - 06-29-2020, 08:34 AM