Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisiana Abortion Law Reject by Supreme Court
(06-30-2020, 08:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, when Doctors that perform these abortions have something go wrong, and a woman dies because he doesn't have admitting privileges, everything will still be just fine, right?

(06-30-2020, 08:24 PM)treee Wrote: The concept of 'admitting privileges' doesn't even make sense to me. A hospital can't turn someone away who's life is in danger. So what exactly would admitting privileges do that would improve a patient's care? 

(06-30-2020, 09:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As I understand, a Doctor with admitting privileges could call over and alert the hospital staff for what was about to land in their lap, rather than the patient having to go to the ER and hope to be treated quickly.  I'm no expert, but I have to think that botched abortions include a great deal of internal bleeding, so I would say that time is definitely of the essence in terms of saving that woman.

https://www.ansirh.org/news/admitting-privileges-laws-do-not-appear-benefit-abortion-patients

A study conducted showed that admitting privilege laws did not appear to show any difference in how women who had abortions received care at hospitals.

The abortion provider having the authority to admit patients and dictate their care in the hospital doesn't add any safeguards. In the case of an emergency, the patient would still be admitted by the hospital and the doctor can still call ahead, they just can't personally admit them. 

When SCOTUS struck down an identical law in Texas, they said that admitting privileges “provides few, if any, health benefits for women, poses a substantial obstacle to women seeking abortions, and constitutes an ‘undue burden’ on their constitutional right to do so.”  
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Louisiana Abortion Law Reject by Supreme Court - BmorePat87 - 06-30-2020, 09:31 PM