Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the 4th of July: Dogs and fireworks
(07-02-2020, 09:26 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Ditto.

My first thought was "Uh oh, what did Harley do?"

That's a legitimate thought/question. Hell, half the time I ask myself the same thing?

(07-04-2020, 12:26 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Edit: Sorry to go a bit off topic later in my post.  I'm just a big advocate for adopting pets from shelters.

So is my wife and me. So many animals that need rescued. I think both of our dogs had faced trauma because if either one of us raises our voice, they pretty much sink where they are and they get nervous and depressed. Both are pretty weird but lovable dogs. One of them is laid back and really doesn't get excited too much about anything except when someone knocks on the door. She also gets really nervous in storms and fireworks and willo pee on the floor if we don't watch her. She's probably 15yrs old. The other one goes ape over garden hoses and leaf blowers. And, while out in the mancave this week, I discovered she really has an issue with nail guns. Oh and hugs, she can;t stand when my wife and I give each other a prolonged hug. She get's nervous and thinks we are hurting each other and tries to split us apart. Well, either that or she's just jealous as heck? LOL

Worst part is they will fight. Vet said we need to get rid of one of them but we can't do it. We just keep our eyes on them all the time. They can walk together, sleep next to each other and be great for months. Yet, all the sudden, in an instant, one will attack the other and has gotten pretty bloody a few times. So much so that trips to the vet had to be made. That part there sucks worse than you can imagine.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For the 4th of July: Dogs and fireworks - HarleyDog - 07-04-2020, 02:24 PM