Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow starts a foundation
(07-09-2020, 08:31 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: There is a lot of poverty in Appalachian areas that often goes unrecognized. It really is sad and I've seen it myself.  I imagine that Covid-19 has made things even worse.

Good for Joe taking on a charity that is close to home and includes many people that are in need.

https://www.appalachianohio.org/grow/funds/fund-profiles/joeburrow/

Even before the Rona was floating around there had been a lack of clean drinking water in parts eastern Kentucky and West Virginia. There are a lot of things to like about Joe Burrow, but on thing that I really respect is he's very observant. Yeah... He grew up in southeast Ohio, but he's not southeast Ohio if you know what I mean. When I went to Ohio State I spent a lot of time around Athens, and know several OU alums. There's a very obvious line around there between students and "townies". I don't think I need to explain... Joe Burrow grew up in the OU sphere, but instead of mocking or paying no mind to the townies, he's seemed to embrace causes that affect them. He has absolutely no reason that he has to do this. The kid was aware of his surroundings, saw something he wasn't ok with, and has decided to try to help. Good on Joe Burrow.

So if you don't like Joe Burrow (Not you Cantstandya) I'm gonna throw an Appalachia.... Get it?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Joe Burrow starts a foundation - pally - 07-09-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: Joe Burrow starts a foundation - jason - 07-09-2020, 11:42 PM
RE: Joe Burrow starts a foundation - jason - 07-10-2020, 12:38 PM