Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instances where Trump got blamed unfairly
Since I often make lists of imho legit and objectifiable reasons to blame or attack Trump, let me try to proof a little fairness and look for instances where indeed accusations against Trump were over the top or unfair. These instances seem rare to me, but they sure do exist.

- The so-called "Peepee-tape"
...there actually is little to back up that accusation, that still gets mentioned plenty. It's basically just within the unverified portions of the Steele dossier and there seems to be no credible alternative source to back that story up.

- People who diagnose Trump's mental health
...yeah I think he is a narcissist and that it's possibly pathological, as is his lieing. Still I have an issue with some news segments that take this line of thinking way too far. Not just once have I heard some expert musing on how he has the mindset of Hitler or Stalin. These aren't diagnosis (which are hard to come by and it's probably unethical to diagnose someone from his appearances in public alone), these are slanders.

- Blaming him for the divided country
...not to create a wrong impression, Trump is a very divisive figure and strives for that division. But the division is not a product of Trump, Trump is a product of the division. The notion that the country unifies again once Trump is out of office imho is naive.

- Accusations that he claimed George Floyd should be proud of the job numbers
... while I still find it really distasteful to have mentioned George Floyd in any speech designed to tout his own horn, Trump never actually did that directly. Many claimed he did, including Biden.

- Accusations that he was close to Epstein (or that Asian lady that organized the Robert Kraft massages etc)
...these accusations usually do not hold much water to me. He was a real estate mogul, he came across many people. Trying to accuse him by showing a picture of him and Epstein imho is not fair.

- Calling the China travel ban "xenophobic" [edit]
...it was not an extraordinary measure to ban travel from China in light of corona.

--- so, ok. I am willing to expand that list when additional clear-cut examples of Trump getting blamed or scolded unfairly are provided.

The reasons for that thread are the following: For one, I was under the impression that unfair accusations against Trump are deemed non-existent; and second, to finally at least put some new thread in the new P&R-section. Third, maybe some Trump supporters or Trump friendly people might feel inclined to chime in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Instances where Trump got blamed unfairly - hollodero - 07-10-2020, 10:08 AM