Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Are They Now (Former Coaches of Marvin Lewis Era)
(07-12-2020, 07:23 PM)Earendil Wrote: Ok, I don't get the joke about Paul Alexander and There's Something About Mary.

It's honestly not a joke.  He's actually in the movie.  He's listed in the credits as W. Earl Brown because it was such a risque movie and he didn't want the Bengals to be associated with it, in case they disaproved.

Here's the story as I understand.  During the offseason he was playing in a little piano bar where he met the casting director of the movie.  I guess she really enjoyed his performace and told him he'd be perfect for a role they were auditioning.  They exchanged numbers and eventually he ended up flying out to LA to audition and got the part on the spot.  He chose the name "Earl Brown" because an earl is a person of nobility and Brown for Mike.  It was a nod to mike being such a noble and respected man.  He then added a W. because that's what he's all about, wins.

If you don't believe me see for yourself here he is. Believe it not he's actually wearing a Bengals shirt in this scene:

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where Are They Now (Former Coaches of Marvin Lewis Era) - Wes Mantooth - 07-12-2020, 09:27 PM