Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thank You Bengals Board Community!
Our message board has become sort of unique, in that it's really the last true Bengals message board still thriving.

I was doing some looking around recently and noticed that the Bengals message board landscape is almost nonexistent outside of ours. Bengals Jungle shut down. Bengalszone is all but dead. Go-Bengals is a ghost town kept alive by a couple dozen members.

This isn't meant to be bragging or anything like that, but to point out how the message board format has had a tough time surviving in the age of social media. Things have gone the way of Twitter, Facebook, Reddit or blog formats like SBNation (Cincy Jungle). There have been a number of pro teams dump their 'official forums' in favor of social media...the Bengals being one of them. 

It makes me really grateful that our site has survived and is still going pretty strong, and that Bengals fans in particular still have a true message board format as a viable option to social media interaction. I think it says a lot about this community and the dedication of our members...and the thousands of guest users we get each week that aren't members but follow us on a regular basis.

I can't even imagine having to depend on social media sites for discussing the Bengals, and other topics as well. I know some people prefer that atmosphere and like the craziness that comes with it, but I'm much more comfortable in this setup. 

So, just wanted to thank everyone here for making sure that we still have an enjoyable place to hang out online as Bengals fans!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Thank You Bengals Board Community! - Bengalholic - 07-13-2020, 04:22 PM