Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pick your favorite single Bengals play since you've been a fan.
(07-12-2020, 09:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Beat me to it.

#2 was probably Stanford Jennings kick return TD that gave us a 4th quarter lead in SB23.  Our offense, which had been great all year, had played like total crap, but our defense, which was not that good that year, was playing out of their heads against the best offense in the league.  It was 6-6 in the 4th quarter with zero offensive tds, and I really felt the game would be decided on some big play on defense or special teams.  I went nuts when Jennings scored.  At that point I really believed we would win.

I had (and probably still have buried somewhere amidst the rubble) a VHS of that game.  I kept the tape cued to the point where he took it to the house.  Watching at the time I too thought it meant we were going to win, like it was some sort sort of sign, like how could they possibly lose after that, right?  Thirty-one-plus years later and it's still a kick in the 'nads.  

I remember they also had some sort of 3D halftime show and you had to get special glasses at 7-Eleven or some damn thing.  Think the glasses are still with the tape.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pick your favorite single Bengals play since you've been a fan. - Awful Llama - 07-13-2020, 07:50 PM