Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(07-16-2020, 10:06 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So if Biden wins and flips a bunch of states are we going to see this chart again?  Florida and Lousisiana  could easily go Biden.  

Edit: And this chart sort of treats states like one belief.  Some are runaway blue or red, but many are purple with narrow margins.  Personally I'm going to say dividing it into blue and red via presidential vote was something she noticed would favor her ideology and serves no real purpose.

Super Edit:  I forgot to add "No offense".  Whew

(07-16-2020, 10:12 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: No category is perfect, we just have to do the best we can. The election result from 2016 is the best choice for the categories. As for seeing it if Biden wins, I doubt you'll see it next week (it's weekly data). This was just something my sister threw together. I'd say it was out of boredom, but she has a 5 year old, a farm, and they just bought a rental property they are fixing up, so I don't know when the hell she has time to do anything.

I understand this was posted not as something to be published but out of personal interest, and I am not knocking it as it is still a good graph, but as a social studies teacher, I would want to see the same chart with governor party and legislature party as well. All three would be relevant. 

For example, Maryland is heavy blue but with a GOP governor. He is mostly responding to the will of the liberal population, which puts him at odds with many high profile governors. The fact that he is a Republican, the legislature is a veto proof Dem majority, and the state voted heavy Clinton all play into that. 

Louisiana has a blue governor but heavy red legislature and went heavy Trump. Their governor is trying to implement covid rules but is having their GOP AG push back on it as illegal. 

Beyond ideology, we'd also need to see it groups by mask and closure policies, which then could also have their own ideological graphs to see if thse policies correlate to party. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - BmorePat87 - 07-16-2020, 11:10 AM