Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Henry deal enough for Mixon?
Mixon will get a lesser deal than Henry for sure, because he has produced less. Of course, numbers aren't everything, because nobody put up great numbers in our offense last year, whereas Tennessee was a playoff team. If you know football, and know the NFL, Mixon is as good of a back (if not better) than Henry. That's certainly what his representation will argue.

So I think he'll get somewhere around 11-12 million per, and yes I'd do that. I'd also like it to be 3 years, because in year 4 we'll need money for a Burrow extension, but length shouldn't be a deal breaker.

I get the "don't pay RBs" argument, but many fans takes that to extremes. Positional value should take a back seat to keeping good players when you have them. He's a core player, a building block, don't overthink it too much. Guard or safety aren't crucial either, but if you have good ones you give them their market value and continue to build. And Henry's deal suggests that Mixon's should be 11-12 million-ish.

The "just draft a RB next year" argument doesn't compute to me either... by that logic let's just never re-sign anybody and just draft replacements and stay on the hamster wheel forever. I'd rather use those picks on an upgrade at RT and cut Hart, and upgrade at RG, long term replacements for Geno and Dunlap, we'll probably need a CB, etc.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Is the Henry deal enough for Mixon? - CJD - 07-16-2020, 11:09 AM
RE: Is the Henry deal enough for Mixon? - Geno_Can_Dunk - 07-16-2020, 12:13 PM