Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Henry deal enough for Mixon?
(07-16-2020, 02:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why? Like Fred said he is only making 1.2 million this year. Why not take anything from 8 mil up which would be fair considering 
his numbers and Henry's numbers who are far superior, especially in the TD department. If Mixon doesn't sign he gets nothing 
under the new CBA. Makes no sense for Mixon to not sign IMO.

I definitely agree with you and Fred that it makes the most sense for him to do.   I believe they'll offer him maybe $8 mil a year and he'll reject it.   I think $10 mil will be his floor.

I'm hoping he sees the light here.   I could see the Bengals going $8 mil a year - which would be generous for a second contract.  

But I fear that so often with people what they ask for is relative to what's been given.   And we now have 2 backs with exorbitant contracts for him to compare the offer to.  Pride plays a big part in players' expectations and demands.  Hopefully reason will reign here.

The thing that brings me hope is what others have mentioned about the glut of RB contracts coming up in 2021 and a strong possibility of a salary cap revision.  If I'm his agent I'd be pushing Joe to sign the first realistic offer he gets.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Is the Henry deal enough for Mixon? - CJD - 07-16-2020, 11:09 AM
RE: Is the Henry deal enough for Mixon? - 3wt - 07-17-2020, 03:02 PM