Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(07-19-2020, 12:46 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How will that make the situation better?

(07-19-2020, 10:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: Just more games.  Multiple posters have asked, even tried to engage and we are called stupid ("I'm typing as slow as I can") for not understanding what won't be explained in clear terms that exceed one line that "isn't what he said".

There is a hardcore belief on the right that the Democrats are using the virus only to attack Trump.  bfine's statement seems to be leaning into that that the Democrats will try "harder" to reopen the economy once Trump is gone simply for political purposes.  As if all of Trump's missteps and deliberately misleading comments and actions are all the fault of the Democrats or that the Democrats should just ignore them and work harder to help Trump fix the economy.  

Yup. Here is his view, right here:

(07-18-2020, 02:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The pandemic is real and so is the need to restart the economy. I'm just of the opinion the the Left as a whole is a whole lot like Bill Mahr. Sure keeping the economy shut down is going to make some folks suffer but....

He tried to paint me as having said this, before, as well. Apparently, we are incapable of thinking that the health of our citizenry is more important than the health of our economy. It's just all a ploy to win an election and we really don't care about the lives of our people. It's not like we have policy mechanisms that could both help the economy and protect our citizens without having to put them at risk, or anything. It's just that those policies don't benefit the wealthy as much so they aren't as popular among certain segments in Washington, so instead we need to unnecessarily put those that are lower on the socioeconomic ladder at risk and reopen things.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Belsnickel - 07-19-2020, 11:07 AM