Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Henry deal enough for Mixon?
(07-20-2020, 10:05 AM)Whatever Wrote: Dude, in college, Joe had Lincoln Riley as his OC and Baker Mayfield as his QB.

Gio had Bryan Renner at QB and John Shoop/Blake Anderson as OC's.

3 different OC's have used Gio as the 3rd down back over Mixon.  There's probably a reason for that.

(07-20-2020, 11:14 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I wasn't aware that college stats were they end all be all in determing a player's skillset.  Good to know.  With that said, did you know Gio Bernard was a better rushing back in college than Mixon?  It's true, check this out:

Gio Bernard (UNC, 2 seasons) - 2,481 rushing yards, 25 rushing TD's

Joe Mixon (OKL, 2 seasons) - 2,027 rushing yards, 17 rushing TD's

I'm assuming that knowing this doesn't lead you to believe that Bernard should be our primary ball carrier?  So why would Mixon be a better receiving option based on his college numbers alone?

Fwiw, Mixon had 894 yards receiving in college to Bernard's 852.  So it's not like he produced at that much higher of a level.  He also played in an offense that produced over 4,000 yards passing in each of his two seasons. I'm guessing if you insert Bernard into those Baker Mayfield lead Oklahoma teams that his receiving numbers go way, way up.

Fair enough. I’ve just always been in the minority of Bengals fans that finds Gio a tad overrated. I personally don’t think he does anything better than Mixon except for his blitz pickups and blocking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Is the Henry deal enough for Mixon? - CJD - 07-16-2020, 11:09 AM
RE: Is the Henry deal enough for Mixon? - Nicomo Cosca - 07-20-2020, 09:55 PM