Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ Reader is happy to be a Bengal
(07-20-2020, 09:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, c'mon man.  Folks have been griping for years about the Bengals being too cheap to bring in quality FAs.  This year they did just that, and this one in particular claims that he's happy to be here.  What's not to be happy about?  I would consider it "generic player speak", if the team waited around, and then low balled him after other teams had passed.  However, in this instance, the Bengals went after the priority player that they wanted, and made the deal happen.  Bit of a difference there..

I am beyond happy about signing Reader. Probably the best FA signing we’ve had in my lifetime, but it’s still just something guys say. What would he have “fallen in love with” that quickly other than all the zeros in his bank account? I guess he could be excited about playing with Geno, or even Burrow (although he had Watson & JJ in Houston), but let’s be honest, he’s joining a last place 2-14 team, with an unproven HC, and a historically bad defense the last couple years...

He’s got his work cut out for him. And he won’t be in a (usually) pretty weak division like he was in the South. AFC North is no joke.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DJ Reader is happy to be a Bengal - Nicomo Cosca - 07-20-2020, 10:07 PM