Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ Reader is happy to be a Bengal
(07-20-2020, 10:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  What would he have “fallen in love with” that quickly other than all the zeros in his bank account? I guess he could be excited about playing with Geno, or even Burrow (although he had Watson & JJ in Houston), but let’s be honest, he’s joining a last place 2-14 team, with an unproven HC, and a historically bad defense the last couple years...
Joining a DL with the likes of Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins, and Sam Hubbard is a damn good place to land, especially if you're really good at what you were brought into do, help solve the rushing defense issues.

All of the moves combined, show that the Bengals are serious about building a top defense, aimed at stopping the run, flushing the passes to the outside, and defending the perimeter with sure tacklers.  For a top level NT, that is a lot to fall in love with.

The Bengals also drafted the top QB to come out in years, have an OL that seemed to be getting on it's feet down the stretch last season, and have made plenty of additions to force competition, let alone the much anticipated arrival of Jonah Williams.

Despite the entire Covid virus putting a damper on 2020 in most every aspect of life, I'm still stoked to see the Bengals take shape this season.  This is a team that is being built, a team built from the inside out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DJ Reader is happy to be a Bengal - SunsetBengal - 07-20-2020, 10:22 PM