Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Henry deal enough for Mixon?
(07-20-2020, 09:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mixon is a great leader. The last guy we had like that on offense was probably Whit.
Whit had a lot of years under his belt and was basically the team spokesman.  He did countless interviews and often spoke for everyone.  And most importantly, he was the team union rep.  This is a big deal.

I really don't understand what correlation there is between Mixon and Whitworth's leadership roles.  What makes Mixon such a "great leader" exactly?

Here was a recent quote, that landed him in hot water and he had to apoligize for, after fans booed during another loss in 2019: 

"At the end of the day, we wanna win, too. If they feel like they can do it better, then come try out."

Marvin actually had to do an interview with Geoff Hobsin about Mixon complaining about not getting the ball enough, and stated he needed to show maturity.  His after Mixon complained about not getting enough carries in the 2nd half in a game we were down 2 scores. 

He was Marvin's quote:

“Everybody wants to be out there all the time. But we’re not going to create a run when we are down by 12 or 15 (points). We’re not going to create it. I saw a ball go on the ground when he received two balls thrown to him, which are the same situation. We got to handle it all the time the correct way, and be strong enough to not be led into questions after the game, which unfortunately he doesn’t know enough about.”

Here was Mixon's:

"Me personally, I feel like I can do way more than [Bell] did. Like I said, I only had seven carries. I can't showcase nothing if I don't get the ball. There's nothing else I can say," Mixon said.

Here's his recent comments on the new CBA after it passed, which the overwhelming majority of his peers voted for:

Coming from a person who has never smoked i can care less. Y’all running from the fact that it ain’t right with this new bs CBA. Focus on im a running back and 17 weeks is no joke.

Here he recently comments on the new mouth shields being used to help protect against Covid:

"Y’all might as well have a pump of santitizers coming out of our uniforms too while y’all at it."  Mixon added "I won't wear it."

These are just what I could find a 2 pages of google results.  I'm not saying any of these are the worst things in the world, or that he's a bad guy.  But what I am saying is he's far from eloquent, and he probably a ways down the list of players you want speaking for the team.

Joe Mixon is pretty damn good NFL player.  And for the most part, he's been a model employee.  But haven't seen anything to suggest he's a leader of men. Just because he wants to do well doesn't make him a great leader.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Is the Henry deal enough for Mixon? - CJD - 07-16-2020, 11:09 AM
RE: Is the Henry deal enough for Mixon? - Wes Mantooth - 07-21-2020, 12:16 PM