Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ Reader is happy to be a Bengal
(07-22-2020, 09:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, that article is pretty much hogwash. They rank teams ahead of us that have 1 marquis player on the line, then mention some no names. When it comes to the Bengals, they say Atkins is on the decline and Lawson regressed, with no mention that Atkins was overused and Lawson was getting back from knee surgery. Oh, and Dunlap had a career year is stuck in there. When you add Reader next to Geno and have Dunlap on one side  and Hubbard/Lawson on the other, I'll take that line all day long. Teams are going to have to pick their poison, double Geno or double DJ. Either way, their pocket is collapsing and the QB will be there for the ends....

No it’s not “hogwash” nothing they said was untrue. It was actually an extremely fair an accurate assessment. Top 10 is pretty damn good. Especially for a DL that didn’t have a single player with double digit sacks last season.

And you can’t discount putting a team with only “1 marquee player” high if it’s a player the caliber of Aaron Donald for example.

I understand being excited about our DL (I am too), but I’m not going to be an absolute homer and claim we have a better unit than every other team in the league. Especially a team like SF who just cane off a Super Bowl appearance aided largely by a dominant DL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DJ Reader is happy to be a Bengal - Nicomo Cosca - 07-22-2020, 10:23 AM