Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ Reader is happy to be a Bengal
(07-21-2020, 10:02 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I recall the days when FAs like Shaun Rogers played this front office and laughed
All the way to Cleveland. I recall days when this team was signing over the hill
Stiffs like Tank Johnson
and the organization hoping and praying a 7th RD pick from
Santa Clara A and M would be a,diamond in the rough at DT and provide some
Impact right away.

Reader is a,Bengal. He's a force. He's happy to be here. And he will add years to Geno.

The first bold: Despite his PFF grade, Tank had an excellent 2009 (lots of space-eating and run stuffing) and his 2010 he fell off a cliff.
The second bold: That never happened, you must've dreamt it.

Since Marv, in the 7th round at Dline, we've drafted:

- Elton Patterson (2003, only had 1 year) and he went to UCF.
- Fanene (solid contributor for over 6 years) and he went to Utah.
- Clinton McDonald (an excellent player who was a starter on the Seahawks LOB dline when they won the Super Bowl. We were stacked so we traded him for a position of need) and he went to Memphis.

So 2 group of 5s (with both being among the better teams in the GO5) and 1 Power 5 (also a historically good team).

If we even go one round earlier to the 6th, we have:

- Matt Toeania (underrated player who's career was cut short; didn't play much here due to who was in front of him and started for good Bears teams) and he went to Oregon.

That's it; a grand total of 4 dlineman drafted in rounds 6 and 7, since 2003. And one of them didn't produce, while the others were solid rotation pieces who were able to carve out a niche in this league, you know, like most 6th and 7th rounders are supposed to?

I get knocking the drafting strategy for some things, but the Bengals DO NOT use low-end picks on random people from small/shitty programs, hoping they will become a starter. Complete fallacy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DJ Reader is happy to be a Bengal - Truck_1_0_1_ - 07-22-2020, 10:58 AM