Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tempered Expectations with Burrow
Well, I got Burrow jerseys for me and my two sons who are flying out to watch the Bengals play the Eagles with me at BW3s here in Boise. Got Jacob the Orange alternate version, the home black one for Jackson, and the white away one for myself. That, plus my change in screen name, says something for how stoked I am about Joebi-Wan – Our New Hope (Hey, at least I'm not calling him Jesus. That'll be after the first Super Bowl victory). And I'm kind of serious about that.

I love Andy Dalton as a person, but he is deteriorating as a player. We weren't going to the playoffs with Andy ever again. Zac saw that, and things really fell in place for us to snag a QB of Joebi-Wan's caliber with the first pick in the draft. Will the first Super Bowl come this season? Probably not, but that won't be entirely on him. He has weapons, but our defense is sorely untested. We have a ton of new guys. There's alot we don't know and won't know until the season starts. I think there's more hope now than at anytime since 2005 that we can reach another Super Bowl in the near future. We still have to get a few more of the right pieces in the right places, but we have a solid foundation to build on and very smart, young QB who knows how to lead and how to win. I don't expect perfection from Joebi-Wan. He's just a padawan – a rookie! He will make mistakes, but I can guarantee you that he will learn from those mistakes and not repeat or make a habit of them. He is "impressive, most impressive, but he's not a Jedi, yet." Rock On
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tempered Expectations with Burrow - BURROWorBUST - 07-25-2020, 02:29 AM