Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLB Kneeling before the Anthem
(07-25-2020, 02:18 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote:  but I should be free to not like it without fearing backlash.

Most of the "backlash" is over people getting upset for the wrong reason.  They are not saying people are not entitled to their own opinion.  What they are saying is that some don't understand the meaning of the protest.

Kind of like when people claim we can't let transgender women use the womens restroom because of sexual preditors, but they also insist lesbians have to use the womens restroom.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but when their opinion is not based on the truth they will get backlash.  That is what happened with Drew Brees.  He did not understand the meaning of the protest.

(07-24-2020, 11:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure. So is kneeling for the National Anthem. Just don't get upset when I say you're disrespecting the flag while kneeling during its honors. Is it OK with folks if I think that? 

As long as you don't claim to be speaking for the military or veterans.

Colin Kaepernick decided to kneel during the National Anthem based on advice from former Army Green Beret Nate Boyer.

Messages In This Thread
MLB Kneeling before the Anthem - GMDino - 07-24-2020, 10:25 PM
RE: MLB Kneeling before the Anthem - fredtoast - 07-25-2020, 08:33 AM
RE: MLB Kneeling before the Anthem - jason - 07-25-2020, 12:16 PM