Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLB Kneeling before the Anthem
(07-25-2020, 08:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Most of the "backlash" is over people getting upset for the wrong reason.  They are not saying people are not entitled to their own opinion.  What they are saying is that some don't understand the meaning of the protest.

Kind of like when people claim we can't let transgender women use the womens restroom because of sexual preditors, but they also insist lesbians have to use the womens restroom.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but when their opinion is not based on the truth they will get backlash.  That is what happened with Drew Brees.  He did not understand the meaning of the protest.

As long as you don't claim to be speaking for the military or veterans.

Colin Kaepernick decided to kneel during the National Anthem based on advice from former Army Green Beret Nate Boyer.

Yeah, that veteran told him kneeling was less disrespectful than sitting. Nate Boyer loves the flag and what it stands for. But the narrative that he doesn't find it more disrespectful than standing is just not true. Ask yourself why doesn't he kneel. 

But as you say: when their opinion is not based on the truth they will get backlash.

Anyone who has the opinion that kneeling is disrespectful to the flag should be free to do so without backlash, because it is. 

But you feel free to use Colin Kaepernick as a beacon of flag respect; I'll roll with people like Avery Price:
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/patriotic-10-year-old-boy-got-wheelchair-stand-national-anthem-231516445.html

Quote:The 10-year-old boy, identified by news station FOX 17 as Avery Price, has a syndrome that makes using his legs difficult, yet he still wanted to stand for the anthem. “I usually sit and put my hand over my heart, but last night I just decided to stand,” Avery told Fox. “I like to stand for my country.”
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
MLB Kneeling before the Anthem - GMDino - 07-24-2020, 10:25 PM
RE: MLB Kneeling before the Anthem - bfine32 - 07-25-2020, 09:37 AM
RE: MLB Kneeling before the Anthem - jason - 07-25-2020, 12:16 PM