Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tempered Expectations with Burrow
(07-25-2020, 10:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: A healthy CP could not win in 2010, byt Dalton did win. Why?

It is way too early to right off our 2020 OL, like you said Smith did not play well in 208 to 2010, but did in 2011. Why can't Hart get better> Why can't Jonah be very good? I know this, Dalton did not have A vet Green, Boyd, Ross, a projected #1 WR pick we got with 33rd pick, Tate and others who may get cut. He did not have a Joe Mixon, Gio combo at RB.

I do know the majority of the media picked the Bengals by far as worst team in NFL in 2011, not so much for the 2020 Bengals as noone is saying worst team in the league

The difference between Carson & Dalton in 2010 vs 2011 was the offense was built around Carson & the offense in 2010. While in 2011 the team was built around running the football and the defense.

That was the reason for the turnaround between those two seasons. We were built on a better foundation in 2011 then 2010.

Now the good thing about  this team is it is built more like 2011 than people realize.

The defense improved tremendously as the season  went along + with the new additions in the off season. I see a unit that will be very good next season. 

If Mixon  can maintain his play from the 2nd Half of last season then I see a team that is built nicely for a rookie QB to come in and have immediate success. Like we had in 2011 with Dalton.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tempered Expectations with Burrow - J24 - 07-26-2020, 01:19 AM