Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tempered Expectations with Burrow
I love how fans are anxious to give Joe Burrow a #1 overall pick in the NFL prior to the season, but have never given other later draft picks a pass as rookies?

Why is that?

Why can't a young 2nd, 3rd or 4th year player improve in the Bengals forum? But, we know a guy like Geno improved with experience and age.

My point is we have been comparing 2011 (AD 1st year) and 2020 which will be Joe's 1st year. Both took over bad teams, AD we know took a bad team to the playoffs. Joe may or may not, but AD did it with help as some guys stepped up. Joe needs his all pro receiver to play every game and step, he needs Williams and the OL to step up. He needs the defense to have guys step up.

My point being Joe could have a great year and we lose if the defense and special teams suck. Or, he could have a bad year too. We don't know, so no excuses prior, let's see how it plays out in 2020.

I think Joe will do his part to make us better, but we need a lot more than Joe to be a winner just as AD did as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tempered Expectations with Burrow - Luvnit2 - 07-26-2020, 02:01 PM